Two Kingdoms From the Persecutor to the Persecuted
Greg, John, and Pat continue to discuss the two kingdoms that exist and how Paul went from one who was doing the persecuting to the one who was now being persecuted. What changed? Paul changed who he was going to allow to organize him. He chose who he was going to align himself with. He had to choose what kingdom he was going to be a part of light or darkness. You are a slave to what you serve. Paul went from once being the person who stirred the crowd to be the person the crowd was stirred against. There is a progression that took place. For the believer the kingdom of God is within you. There is a battle going on between the kingdom of light and the kingdom of darkness. We must be about the father’s business and preach the gospel to all nations that many will leave the kingdom of darkness and come up and be organized by the King of the kingdom of light, Jesus.
Quotes To Rock the World: Dr. Michael Brown
John, Greg and Pat discuss quotes from an article written by Dr. Michael Brown host of “In the Line of Fire” radio program. They continue to discuss some of these impacting quotes that follow:
1. For the sake of the dying, suffering world count the cost, pay the price, and set the captives free. John G Lake
2. How shall I feel at the judgment if multitudes of missed opportunities pass before me in full review and all my excuses prove to be disguises of my cowardice and pride? W.E. Sangster
3. “The man whose little sermon is ‘repent’ sets himself against his age and will for the time being be battered mercilessly by the age whose moral tone he challenges. There is but one end for such a man—‘off with his head!’ Joseph Parker
4. “When I really enjoy God I feel my desires of Him the more insatiable and my thirstings after holiness the more unquenchable. O this pleasing pain. It makes my soul press after God”. David Brainerd
5. “Satan is so much more in earnest than we are—he buys up the opportunity while we are wondering how much it will cost” Amy Carmichael
6. “Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried”. G.K. Chesterton
7. “One of these days some simple soul will pick up the Book of God, read it and believe it. Then the rest of us will be embarrassed”. Leonard Ravenhill
8. “The world may frown—Satan may rage—but go on! Live for God. May I die in the field of battle”. James B. Taylor
9. “If God were not my friend, Satan would not be so much my enemy”. Thomas Brooks
10. “The greatness of a man’s power is the measure of his surrender”. William Booth
Judgment Delayed is not Judgment Denied; Fear of the Lord
Pat and Greg continue to discuss the revelation they are getting from John Bevere’s book the Fear of the Lord. Pat recounted the stories of Nadab and Abihu, Ananias and Saphira and how God’s presence was so prevalent during these times sin was dealt with quickly for God’s presence judge’s sin. He continues to share how Eli the High Priest and his sons who ministered in the Temple of the Lord did horrific things in the temple and treated wrongly the offerings that were given. The word tells us that the voice of the Lord was rare in those days. The light of God was dim. It was because God’s presence was not there. God cannot be near sin, as stated earlier God’s presence judge’s sin. So they began to believe everything was okay because nothing was being said but eventually there sin was dealt with and in a day Levi and both of his sons died and the Ark of God was taken into captivity. This is what John Bevere calls Judgment delayed is not judgment denied. It is only the grace of God that he doesn’t deal with us immediately. It’s time for us to deal with our sin and get desperate for God.