“A Month’s worth of Wages is only Worth Two Days of Food”, The Real Life Hunger Games in Venezuela

LISTEN NOW! The Hunger Games may be a box office hit of entertainment, but the real story of The Hunger Games is happening right now within the borders of Venezuela. As CBN reports, “Civil unrest in Venezuela as the country continues its slide into a socialist black hole. Low oil prices and ramped corruption combined to cause acute shortages of almost everything.” Presently, people from Venezuela are having to travel to neighboring Colombia in order to buy simple necessities. Sadly, when they arrive at the checkout line they are confronted with the reality that their months’ worth of money is now only worth two days-worth of food.  This is identical to what occurred in the Weimar Republic when hyperinflation hit the economy. Instead of waiting until Friday to receive paychecks, people insisted on being paid on Monday so that they could immediately buy groceries because it would not be worth the same by Friday.

The question is, how did this economic freefall happen? As CBN’s Gordon Robertson shares, “It all started years ago when they started to tilt towards Cuba, and they took on a Socialist government. And, in that process that was very appealing, they said the government would take care of you and the government will provide.” As Robertson continues, he shares how these decisions affected the government. “That put all this weight on the government to supply things.” As a result, the government then nationalized their products, including their oil, which was placed in the treasury. When the price of oil dropped it caused a cataclysmic drop in everything associated with it. When the nation resorted to printing money, it added an additional factor to weaken their currency.

 
In America, 2% of the population grows the food for the other 98% of the American population. We have the blessing of having a small percentage of people taking the time to grow the necessary foods, then having others deliver the food to where we are located so that we can have a plate of food daily to eat. Now imagine the U.S. dollar being worth what the Venezuelan dollar is now worth. It is vitally imperative that we do not simply allow this reality to simply fade away without recognizing the very dangers that America is headed in unless we turn our hearts back to God. Hear the full conversation of this important reality and so much more. Also shared in this segment: hyperinflation, prostitution, crime, groceries, business, crisis, and prayer. Greg and Steve shared in this segment.
screen capture from CBN.com




Related Content
The 700 Club – July 28, 2016
Venezuela government could force people to work on farms
hippies vs. milton friedman
Weimar Republic
Socialism
Partner with VFNtv
iAbide.org
Emmaus Road Discipleship

Related Articles

Pray for our President of the U.S.A., President Obama
“This is the closest thing to slavery” says Venezuelan Business Leader as Government of Venezuela declares Private and Public Sector Workers have to work at Government run Farm
Food in America; How Fragile is it? Does 2% produce the food for 98%?
“Capitalism is a necessary condition for freedom but not a Sufficient Condition “ says Milton Friedman. What is the Difference Between Capitalism, Communism, and Socialism?
Dear God Hear Our CRY of Repentance: An Appeal to Heaven
Venezuela on the Verge of Complete Collapsed: Citizens are Breaking into Supermarkets for Food
What they Use to Feed their Dogs they are now Eating themselves in Venezuela: Prudent Preparation the Importance of Preparing the Ark- God’s Provision in the Day of Calamity
Americanism and Communism: What is the difference?
Is Socialism the Way we Want to Go? A Tale of Two Kings; God’s form of Government or Man’s Form of Government
Socialism in America Gaining Popularity? Who is Your God?
The Story Behind the Story: Children Sold as Sex Slaves in Cambodia- The Pink Room. France, Prince, Pol Pot, Communism, Democracy, Coop’s, U. S. Military, Draft, and Three Presidents
S.O.S. A Tale of Two Kings, by Greg Lancaster
S.O.S. The USS Constitution is about to Sink
The Story Behind the Story: Children Sold as Sex Slaves in Cambodia- The Pink Room. France, Prince, Pol Pot, Communism, Democracy, Coop’s, U. S. Military, Draft, and Three Presidents
Praying for Those In Authority; Desire of God, Requirement for Peace & Hope for Salvation
#VFNtv  C1R2I3S4I5S6

, ,
“This is the closest thing to slavery” says Venezuelan Business Leader as Government of Venezuela declares Private and Public Sector Workers have to work at Government run Farm
“Capitalism is a necessary condition for freedom but not a Sufficient Condition “ says Milton Friedman. What is the Difference Between Capitalism, Communism, and Socialism?

Related Posts

Menu