I hereby pledge myself—my person and body—to these Ten Commitments.
Therefore I will keep the following:
- Meditate daily on the teachings and life of Jesus, the revolutionary, i.e. Abide.
- Remember always that the non-violent movement seeks justice and reconciliation — not victory.
- Walk and talk in the manner of love, for God is love.
- Pray daily to be used by God in order that all men might be free.
- Sacrifice personal wishes in order that all men might be free.
- Observe with both friend and adversary the ordinary rules of courtesy.
- Seek to perform regular service for others and for the world.
- Refrain from the violence of fist, tongue, or heart.
- Strive to be in good spiritual and bodily health.
- Discipline yourselves to follow the spirit of the movement. I sign this pledge, having seriously considered what I do and with the determination and will to persevere.